Is it an obstacle or a pre? You tell me. Because I still, after several rounds, didn’t find out/choose a side.
Several rounds ago the discussion started: is the Federal Union (FU) useless? Does it add anything else than mud-fighting and discussions with personal issues on the background? Should we replace it?
Should we replace it? – common said about the current Federal Union
What is and does the FU? According to the International Law:
- The Federal Union is the highest political organisation in the Federation.
- The Federal Union decides about additions to the International Law and changes of existing articles, with exception of ‘Definitions’, Articles 1, 2 (paragraph 5d) 3, 6 (paragraph 1, 2a), 11 (paragraph 1 until 3), 12 (paragraph 1A, 1C, 1G and 2A) and 15, and this paragraph.
- Decisions pass when at least three of the government leaders vote for the same decision during the voting in the club ‘Federal Union Public’.
Well, let’s just go through this four points. And compare them to the meaning of it in the IL and the actual situation about them:
- Well, OK. That’s just some theory that cannot be used practically..
- So, well, the maintask of the FU. Making laws and making current laws better. With good discussions coming to good results. But is that how it currently goes? Rounds pass and each round people try to achieve some lawchanges. For example: rounds ago I, YAN, wanted to change the educational laws. Idea: seperate national subsidies from education subsidies so that education will get more attractive. Sounds good, doesn’t it? Ofcourse, it does, indeed. But the other delegates, read Rednax for example did not want to implent it. Reason? ‘We don’t benefit from it so we won’t agree’ And that’s how it goes each round. While knowing that their educationsystems fail they still don’t want to let someone else, which country has a good education-system, benefit. And again, this is as it goes. What kind of big implementations were done by the FU in the past 5 rounds? Implementations that did not took rounds to be done. I don’t know? You do? Then you will get free PM from me.
We don’t benefit from it so we won’t agree – common said by Federal Union delegates
Let’s continue on the 3rd point: members. Delegations need to be present? Well, there never is full presence of the members. They aren’t in the FU, like now. natcha12 fails to get a complete Federal Union. And even if they are there: no one discusses. You need to PM the delegates three times and if you are lucky then will post something like: ‘yes, ok’ or ‘no, make it better and come back to me’.
You will need to PM the delegates three times and if you are luckily then then will post a very short message without any value – YAN
Especially the Digitalian delegation never has anything to say. Never, really. If there’s a person that is not skilled in discussing and communication it’s hubinho. One of the worst discussion-partners I ever had. I am glad there will be changes in the Digitalian country-governance. There was done nothing, for too long now.
Last but not least, what should a good FU chairman do? We have had a few in the past rounds. My experience with them:
- Switzisch – didn’t discuss, only opened topics. Never really concerned at the work of the FU. Got two terms. Nothing major happened.
- Podje – didn’t discuss, only opened topics. Even headers were too much work for him. But though, he managed to get plenty lawchanges. Compared to the other chairmans. Compliment about that.
- Tresias Aegirsson – was very overcast in the work. He was the most capable chairman in my eyes, till this moment. He made the Federal Union public. Except the fact that he decided that on his own, that was a good idea. Communication with citizens wasn’t his best skill, though.
- natcha12 – I don’t know, he seems to be a kida mix of Podje and Tresias Aegirsson. But time will tell. At least he fails to even get a three-quarters full delegate-staff in the FU. Though, the mess in Digitalia contributes to that. I think he is potential and he is what the FU currently needs, only ofcourse if he will work hard.
The perfect FU chairman is :concerned, hyperactive, found terrible by all delegates, active in all discussions and pokes (PM’s) the delegates so much that their chat spaces all the day.
A lot of people think that the only option is to replace the doomed organisation. For example by a Council of Veterans (COV). Riemer_1990 is a big fan of that. But I always think: the CoV left MC for a reason as well.. Will it function properly? The current solution for me is: a critical mindchange from the chairman and the delegates as well. Make the FU live again! Revive it! Try the best you can..
Well, that is my opinion, and my current view on the Federal Union. The FU has been screwed up by the past generations of delegates and some chairmans and a lot of work needs to be done to compensate that. I’m curious what my thoughts about the FU will be after natcha12’s term ended: will he do an outstanding job or make the reputation of the FU worse?
Good luck to natcha12! You will defenitely need it.