Do you like money? Do you like paying small amounts of money for larger amounts of money? Do you like striking it rich overnight? Well then do I have good news for you!
For those of you who have been trapped under a rock or perhaps in one of Xzese’s broken down cars on the side of the road in Virtua, you should come out and head over to the services section of your local Government. There you can find the largest jackpot this reporter has ever seen, possibly ever! 9,000 I-shell are up for grabs and a mere 100 I-shell is enough to earn 10 attempts to win this prize! Out of 500 potential numbers drawn, that’s a 2% chance! What are the odds of that!?!
But wait! It gets better! Some of you may be wondering how rare it is for the jackpot to climb this high. Well, you’re in luck because I’m about to get all scientific and mathematical on you!
You see, on average I would say that about 150 lottery tickets are sold or 30% of the tickets. That means the odds of someones number NOT getting drawn is 70%! That may seem quite high but here is where things get interesting.
The odds of someone’s number NOT getting drawn twice in a row is 0.7*0.7(70%*70%) which equals 0.49 or 49%! That means there’s over a 50% chance that someone wins every two draws.
This pattern goes on. Below are the probabilities that we reach certain jackpots:
1,000 I-shell = 100%
2,000 I-shell = 70%
3,000 I-shell = 49%
4,000 I-shell = 34%
5,000 I-shell = 24%
6,000 I-shell = 17%
7,000 I-shell = 12%
8,000 I-shell = 8%
9,000 I-shell = 5.7%
A 5.7% chance of a 9,000 I-shell lottery prize means this only happens once every 17.5 rounds which means that this is approximately the 8th time this has ever happened in the game! (assuming the lottery was implemented in round 1)
So head on over to your local government services, buy a ticket and make some history! (and some big bucks!)